Bands - Irotori: 5 comments

Posted at 1:00 AM in

I have been browsing the net again keeping my eyes and ears open for any talented Malaysian metal bands in the rough. Lo, seek and I shall find and look what have I found. I kept my ears opened every now and then for the bands with promising skills on their respective instruments. It is not just about promoting Malaysian bands; it is also about promoting the quality of Malaysian instrumentalists. Behold.

IROTORI

Wow! Irotori is one promising melodic death metal band ever to come out from the muddy banks of Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia. First of all I have to admit that I was totally captivated by the vocals when I first listened to their song “Winds of Pain” on youtube. The singer’s high pitch black metal-isque growl has that robust grimness quality and it was executed perfectly by the vocalist.

In that one song alone featured an impressive three sets of vocal styles; the high pitch growls for the main verses, harmonized clear vocals for the choruses and some angry hardcore screams at the end. The brilliantly constructed flow of emotion was all over the place. Well done. Yeah, everybody can do multiple styles of vocals but how many have you heard doing it nowadays?

As a drummer myself, the first thing that I would try and appreciate when I listen to a particular song was the drums. I can seriously say that I felt that the drummer had fun recording his part, flawless tempo changes showing the faultless musicianship of the drummer, executed beautifully through the song.

3 second after the drum intro, waves of keyboard riffs, which was a bit high in the mix, were thrown into the song giving the listeners some ideas on what will they be getting next. Needless to say that guitar parts, although unfortunately were a bit low in the mix, were also beautifully done. The band even gave a few slots here and there for the low end guy to show off some of his skills behind the four strings. A perfect song indeed.

I felt the sincerity in the song and I have nothing but positive words for this band. I highly recommend this band. Try and give them a listen, they will blow you away with their powerful brand of melodic death metal. Untowardly, my review was only based on one song, the only song they had on youtube as well as on their myspace. Hopefully we can here more songs from them soon.

IROTORI MySpace
5 Responses to 'Bands - Irotori:'
  1. Hi man, i've added your blog to my list. greetings. http://derleiermann.blogspot.com

  2. Appreciate the effort. Thanks for sharing this band. Keep them posted, as underground bands from SEA often bring a new and refreshing sound.
    Cheers from Munich, Germany.

    thelifeofbrian09@gmail.com
    June 8, 2010 at 12:11 AM

  3. thanks for dropping by dude.. hopefully if you know any labels, maybe you can recommend these guys to them... because i only promote worthy bands.. and i think this band worth the money.

  4. Sorry, don't know any labels/promoters personally, but if they do roll out an albumi will be inclined to import it.

    thelifeofbrian09@gmail.com
    June 9, 2010 at 4:00 AM

  5. maybe you can contact the band through their myspace... i believe they are in the midst of recording a demo.. maybe they can ship a number of copies for you..

Leave a Reply

Worshippers.