Rants: Galneryus. 2 comments

Posted at 12:00 AM in

1- Sorry, the previous post was supposed to be my short review of Galneryus. But it was so much fun writing about the opening gigs for 2011, I totally have forgotten about poor old Galneryus.

2- Somewhere in December last year, I feasted my ears to Galneryus newest album, Resurrection. Galneryus is a Speed Metal/Neo-Classical/Power Metal band from Japan. If you love Malmsteen and guitar shreds and licks with pop melodies in high pitch, then you should give this band a try. Go and youtube their albums before you buy (read: download) their albums.

3- In actuality, I have heard about the band before but at that time I was too quick too dismiss the band for being one of too many Japanese Visual Kei bands that roamed the scene back in the early 90's. Or so I thought.

4- Not that I have any problems with Visual Kei bands. X Japan is one of my favorite band of all time. It was the fact that almost all Japanese Heavy Metal bands that was introduced to me by the trust worthy internet, tend to adopt the Visual Kei style and produced shitty music that made me quick too dismiss any unknown bands from the land of the rising sun. But I was wrong with Galneryus.

5- Galneryus, well at least their latest album, showcase pure power metal complete with the epic feeling and heroic chants. And when you thought, the guitar was already enough, get a load of the keyboard  Crazy! I should state that this is the only keyboard solo that I really liked and did not sound gay. Awesome. Give this one a try.  
2 Responses to 'Rants: Galneryus.'
  1. This comment has been removed by the author.
  2. Melodic black metal bands?

    For the newer bands, you can try Brabazom from penang. Highly melodic stuff. Maybe Sauts Alastor, Aradia, Hayagriva or Mistik (their 2 songs in SON2 were extremely melodic).

Leave a Reply

Worshippers.